Achieve results through diversity and inclusion best practices
Performance Criteria – within my organization, I…
- Leverage diversity to innovate.
- Provide guidance and support that recognizes and accommodates diverse team member styles and aligns with organizational and community requirements.
- Collect evidence and report on progress towards achieving agreed upon D&I expectations and goals.
- Recognize and negotiate necessary changes to drive inclusive behaviour, expectations and outcomes.
- Use a wide range of employee engagement, feedback and recommendation mechanisms.
- Consider diverse client needs and identify new markets, products and services.
- Recognize and act on opportunities for diversifying external relationships.
- Support goal setting to promote and implement D&I.
Definitions – what the terms used in this competency mean
- Feedback: informal, formal, diagnostic, formative, summative.
- Diversifying external relationships: suppliers, customers, community partners.
- How the organization’s D&I strategy or activities, policies and KPIs support the organizational strategy.
- The business case for diversity and inclusion.
- D&I best practices.
Example(s) – what might this look like in practice?
- You collaborate with your company’s Asian employee network to pilot a new product that is designed for the local community that is predominantly of South-East Asian background.
- As a senior manager, you ask your direct reports to capture and submit examples of inclusive behaviours and the positive impact on clients.
- A senior manager recognizes that the group of team leaders in the department is very homogeneous, so she sets a goal of having more diverse short lists for promotion and requests this for future lists provided by her HR advisor.
- The Director of Patient Care realizes that the current make-up of the care staff is no longer representative of the local population demographics. He creates a plan to ensure that the health care services can be provided in a culturally responsive manner.
Related resources – Strengthen your competencies with TRIEC Learning
- E-Learning: Leading the Conversation