Model inclusive behaviour
- I value diversity.
- I acknowledge my biases.
- I identify opportunities to demonstrate inclusive behavior.
- I demonstrate inclusive behaviour consistently.
- I anticipate, plan for and deal with ambiguous and confusing situations.
- Techniques to dispel common myths, perceptions and stereotypes about people, diversity and inclusion
- Group work
Example(s) – what might this look like in practice?
- An employee who has just joined an organization finds that it is not as inclusive as her previous workplace. She decides and expresses her intent to create a diverse network of new colleagues.
- A project manager intentionally creates a heterogeneous team to solve a longstanding operational challenge.
- In an executive leadership meeting, you challenge a comment that is intended to be humorous but which reflects a common stereotype.