Being a volunteer:
- Provides you with Canadian experience
- Helps you create a professional network and opportunities for mentorship
- Can turn into your first job in Canada
- Gives you exposure to the Canadian work environment
- Allows you to meet people outside your own ethnic group
- Gives you Canadian references
According to a LinkedIn survey, 46 per cent of Canadian Professionals consider volunteer work as equally valuable as paid work experience. While you can volunteer in many capacities, the most effective type of volunteering for your job search purposes is when it’s relevant to your professional skills. Check out the links below to find out how you can get involved in volunteering.