February 17, 2011 – Beit Zatoun
This information session was an opportunity for PINs leaders to learn about two programs that could enable them to play a role in changing the face of leadership in the Greater Toronto Area.
PINs leaders and members learned that through the DiverseCity programs they can:
- share their expertise and opinions on current issues through the media
- volunteer on a board and develop their skills in board governance and source qualified candidates to diversify their networks’ board
- Sheldon Mahabir, DiverseCity onBoard Recruitment/Outreach Coordinator, Maytree
- Tina Edan, Manager, Leadership Programs, Maytree
Leaders and members from a number of professional immigrant networks participated in this session. This was the first time many of the participants were made aware of the need for and impact of diverse boards and diverse media representation.
More than half of the participants expressed interest in signing up for the programs. Participants also enjoyed the networking aspect of the evening, as well as meeting and learning about other PINs.
Encourage your members to:
- Become a board member to increase the diversity of a board: DiverseCity onBoard
- Become part of a media database of subject matter experts from diverse communities: DiverseCity Voices
For more information and to sign up for these programs:
- Brochure for organizations interested in registering for the DiverseCity onBoard
- Research and Reference: Diversity
- Diversity Matters: Changing the Face of Public Boards