April 27, 2011 – COSTI
“All PIN members participated and were engaged in the conversation and topics presented. I’m looking forward to seeing the benefits for the members of all organizations.” – Participant
Guest speakers presented PIN leaders with an overview of employment services, programs and ideas for ways to partner with agencies. The goal was to help the leaders provide information to their members so that they can better connect to meaningful employment.
- Smriti Gyawali, Information & Referral Officer – Global Experience Ontario (GEO), Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Miranda Harpell, Settlement.org Social Media & Outreach Coordinator, OCASI (Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants)
- Claudia Valcarcel, Business Liaison, COSTI Employment Services (Vaughan)
- Maria Nunes, Business Liaison for COSTI Weston/Mt. Dennis location for the Employment Ontario Program
- Programs offered by Global Experience Ontario (GEO) include free information, assistance and referrals by email, telephone and in person to skilled immigrants in non-health regulated professions and stakeholders such as community agencies & international offices.
- There are specific links on Settlement.org that are particularly useful to skilled immigrants seeking employment
- There are employment services provided by COSTI and other employment service agencies (www.casip.ca) that specifically help skilled immigrants
- PINs and employment service agencies can work together to provide information to network members
- Link to information portals from your website
- Build a relationship between your network and an employment service agency
- Invite a representative from an employment service agency to meet with your members
- Encourage your members to make use of the services available for skilled immigrants at employment service agencie