Influence others to promote, embrace, and progress diversity and inclusion
Performance Criteria – within my organization, I…
- Act as a role model for inclusive behaviour.
- Consistently demonstrate integrity and credibility and build trust through inclusive behaviour.
- Share ideas and goals on diversity and inclusion practices and approaches.
- Give active and visible support to organizational, stakeholder and community diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Expectations of inclusive behaviour.
- Diversity and inclusion characteristics of organization, community and stakeholders.
- Purposeful diversity and inclusion practices.
Example(s) – what might this look like in practice?
- As a busy senior leader, you make time to attend and actively participate meetings of your organization’s Employee Resource Groups.
- You make “support for diversity and inclusion” a significant criterion for promotion decisions within your organization.
- As a leader, you intentionally use storytelling as a technique to foster culture change and demonstrate commitment to creating a more inclusive workplace.
- An employee volunteers their own time to contribute to a task force and D&I events.