You can use the TRIEC Inclusive Workplace Competencies for a variety of purposes. For example:
- Job descriptions
- Training needs assessment
- D&I planning and monitoring
- Organizational policy development
- Continuing professional development
- Recruitment, selection & promotion
- Supplier and community development initiatives
- Learning objectives for programs
- Criteria for assessment
You can tailor the competencies to suit your needs. This might include:
- omitting some of the competencies entirely because they are not relevant.
- adjusting the language so that it is the language used in your context (for example using ‘customer’ or ‘passenger’ rather than ‘client’).
- restricting (or adding to) the Range of Circumstances so they only cover what you need.
- modifying the Underpinning Knowledge needed for each competency to reflect your situation, legislation, province, sector, etc.
- modifying the examples so that they are appropriate to your users.