Are you a newcomer or Canadian-born youth aged 16 to 30 years living in the Greater Toronto Area?
The Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC) is conducting a survey to seek your feedback on employment programs and improving youth employment outcomes.
Who can take part?
We are targeting 1,500 newcomer youth and 1,000 Canadian-born youth. You may be eligible if you:
- Are between 16 and 30 years old
- Currently live in the Greater Toronto Area
- Immigrated to Canada at the age of 13 years or older and have been in the country for 10 years or less OR were born in Canada
How can I take part?
R.A. Malatest and Associates Ltd. (Malatest), an independent research company, has been selected to conduct the survey. You may complete the survey:
- Online, in English or French, at TRIECsurvey.malatest.com
- By phone (in up to 25 languages) with Malatest survey staff by calling 1-855-688-1134 (toll-free)
- In-person with one of Malatest’s intercept surveyors across the GTA
The survey will take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. Participation is voluntary, and you can skip any question that you do not want to answer. All responses will be kept confidential.
Your feedback will help TRIEC and its partner organizations better understand the factors that influence youth employability and youth employment in the GTA. We will use these insights to inform recommendations for decision-makers on how to improve equitable access to employment programs and provide better opportunities for youth employment integration, especially for newcomer youth.
At the end of the survey, participants will be invited to enter a draw for a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- One of fourteen $50 gift certificates to Indigo, or
- A grand prize of a $300 Visa gift card
For full prize draw rules and entry details visit: prizedraw.TRIEC.malatest.net
To learn more about the survey, go to: TRIECsurvey.malatest.com
For any questions about the objectives of the survey, or how results will be used, please contact Odelia Wong, Research Analyst at Malatest by email at TRIECsurvey@malatest.com or call 1-855-688-1134. If you wish to connect with TRIEC about this study, please contact Sugi Vasavithasan, Research and Evaluation Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 647-746-2046.