The Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC) champions the talent and experience that immigrants bring to the Greater Toronto Area. Our solutions support organizations to become more culturally inclusive, and help newcomers expand their professional networks and understand the local labour market. We collaborate with leaders and organizations to build a GTA where immigrant professionals can contribute to their fullest potential.
The Program Coordinator, Employer Partner Relations and Mentor Recruitment is a member of the team supporting the implementation of TRIEC Mentoring Partnership (TMP) program. This position is specifically responsible for supporting the effective, day-to-day TMP program delivery, mentor recruitment and retention, and relationship management of TRIEC’s employer partners, which includes champions, coordinators and other key stakeholders. Particularly, with respect to mentor recruitment, the Coordinator is primarily responsible for recruitment of individual mentors in specific occupations not covered by TRIEC’s employer partners. The Coordinator is also responsible for supporting and contributing to the development and implementation of strategies and plans for mentor recruitment and retention, to meet the increased demands and needs of a dynamic and growing program.
This is a 2-year, full-time position until September 30, 2024. This role reports to and works closely with the Manager, Employer Partner Relationships and Mentor Engagement.
Compensation: $ 50,000 per year plus employer paid benefits package.
Hybrid Work Arrangements: This role will be part of a hybrid work arrangement, working 2 days per week in the office (located in downtown Toronto) and 3 days remotely from home.
- Track data (using Salesforce) on mentor recruitment and retention targets, in accordance with the annual plan, and escalate concerns or risks, as required
- Ensure TMP Employer Partner events calendar is kept up to date
Program Delivery & Support
- Monitor and review mentor sign-ups from different categories, eligibility, and regularly communicate with mentors to update and manage mentor pipeline.
- Monitor and respond to email inquiries from potential new and re-engaged mentors.
- Monitor the waitlist and identify mentors from priority industries and occupations as potential mentoring applicants.
- Lead, execute, and monitor the Individual Mentor recruitment, interview, and reference check process to establish eligibility for the program and escalate issues as needed.
- Support and drive the Individual Mentor recruitment and marketing strategy to meet annual team targets.
- Provide day-to-day operational program and technical support to employer partners, individual mentors, coaches, and mentees via TRIEC’s case management system.
- Provide IT and case management support, troubleshooting, and email replies (through Salesforce)
- Support employer partners throughout the process including assisting in the planning and execution of mentor recruitment cycles – both for new and past mentors.
- Liaise with Program Coordinator-TMP and Manager – Community Partnerships & QA to identify and resolve quality assurance issues affecting mentors, and provide prompt and efficient support to mentors and/or employer partners
- Work collaboratively with Program Coordinator-TMP and Manager-Community Partnerships & QA to effectively support management supply and demand in the mentor/mentee pool
- Using Salesforce to provide reporting support to employer partners, as needed
- Using Salesforce to provide data updates to the TMP team, and TRIEC, as needed
- Using Salesforce to generate data and reports for funders and as otherwise required
- Assist with data analysis and to assess participation, outcomes, program evaluation, impact and to plan for continuous improvement in service delivery
- Participate and assist with the planning and administration of mentor reengagement campaigns
- Support the Learning Specialist in the coordination of TRIEC Mentoring Partnership information and orientation sessions, and various networking and professional development events
TRIEC and TRIEC Mentoring Partnership Team Involvement
- Participate in TRIEC staff and TRIEC Mentoring Partnership team meetings
- Engage in regular support and supervision meetings with manager
- Undertake other program-related work assigned by Manager, Employer Partner Relationships and Mentor Engagement, and Senior Manager, Program Delivery, TRIEC Mentoring Partnership
- Participate and contribute where required in TRIEC Mentoring Partnership partner meetings
- Represent TRIEC at external events as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar administrative and coordination roles
- Excellent interpersonal skills – demonstrated professionalism in interacting with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced level proficiency in MS Office products (including Excel) along with good working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM or database management software, and the ability (and enthusiasm) to pick up new technology quickly
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and reporting
- Experience of event coordination and logistics preferred
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, multi-task, problem-solve, take initiative, anticipate potential problems /conflicts & take appropriate actions, organize & prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Background knowledge and understanding of diversity and equity issues
Qualified applicants are invited to submit an electronic resume and cover letter in a single MS Word file or PDF format, separated by page breaks to email@example.com with the subject line: TRIEC Mentoring Partnership – Program Coordinator – your name as the subject line of your e-mail. Applicants who do not follow these formatting instructions will be disqualified.
Applications must be submitted by email by Friday, September 23, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Note: Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
TRIEC is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise TRIEC of any measures, if required, which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to these measures will be addressed confidentially.