April 10-16 is National Volunteer Week in Canada, so we want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to the wonderful volunteers who support skilled immigrants in their employment journey throughout the GTA, including:
- Our 7000+ mentors, who share their knowledge of the Canadian job market with skilled immigrants who are looking for work; and
- Our PINs leaders, who run professional associations dedicated to helping their fellow skilled immigrants with their job search.
Our volunteers are a crucial part of the way TRIEC makes change. Many of them are immigrants themselves, who have found work in Toronto, and want to help other people like them.
Learn more about why people volunteer to support skilled immigrants by reading some of their stories:
- Pradeep Mathur, a repeat mentor driven by his own immigrant experience
- Sophie Duan, a volunteer leading an professional immigrants association to help others
- Laverne Moxey, a former mentee who has become a mentor
- Amal Ratnayake, a volunteer leader with a professional immigrant network
Did you know about the ways you can volunteer to support new Canadian immigrants? Want to find out more? Click on any of the links below for more information.