The Certificate in Inclusive Leadership is a bespoke four-month program for leaders. It offers a strategic approach, practical tools, and the opportunity to build your skills to advance diversity and inclusion in your organization.
This program is for you if you want to grow your inclusive leadership capabilities and lead change within your team, department, or organization.
17 hours of learning
- Two full-day in-person workshops
- One half-day in-person workshop
- One webinar
All participants receive a certificate after completing the program.
Connect and network with leaders working on the same challenges.
Who is this program for?
We invite leaders from private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.
This program is for you if you:
- Are a leader able to implement change within your team, department, or organization (e.g. Director, Senior Manager, Manager or similar).
- Are involved, whether formally or informally, in your organization’s diversity and inclusion work.
- Have some experience with organizational practices.
- Value cross-sectoral collaboration and the opportunity to learn with, and from, others in the program from a wide range of organizations.
TRIEC’S Certificate in Inclusive Leadership will help you:
- Find and keep the best diverse talent.
- Take a strategic approach to diversity and inclusion.
- Identify and implement immediate changes.
- Build a personal action plan.
- Connect with other leaders who are working on similar challenges.
Awareness and Assessment (Full-day workshop)
- Culturally competent individuals and organizations.
- Strategic approach to organizational diversity and inclusion.
Finding and Keeping Talent (Half-day workshop)
- Inclusive recruitment and selection practices.
- Inclusive onboarding practices.
Communication and Employee Development (Webinar)
- Intercultural communication and strategies.
- Inclusive performance management practices.
Leadership and Diversity Strategy (Full-day workshop)
- Developing diversity and inclusion initiatives and creating change.
- Measuring diversity and inclusion.
We take a deep dive into diversity and inclusion using an intercultural competence lens to:
- Explore how to take a strategic approach to diversity and inclusion.
- identify and address barriers, biases, and discrimination.
- enhance understanding of cultural differences
- deepen competence in addressing and creating inclusion and belonging within an organization.
The frameworks and tools shared in the program can be leveraged to approach different dimensions of diversity, recognizing the intersectionality of people’s experience.
2020 program dates and location
All in-person sessions take place at the YWCA Toronto, 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON M5G 0A8.
- Friday, September 18 – full-day workshop
- Friday, October 16 – half-day workshop
- Friday, November 6 – webinar
- Friday, December 4 –full-day workshop
- Manager, Learning and Inclusive Workplaces at TRIEC.
- 20 years of experience in intercultural competence training and adult education.
- Supports organizations in taking a strategic approach to diversity and inclusion.
- Develops and delivers training on workplace inclusion.
- Masters in Culture and Communication with a focus on intercultural communication.
- Has worked in higher education, finance, and not-for-profit sectors.
- Director, People and Culture at March of Dimes, Canada.
- In this program, she shares her knowledge of, and ability to implement, inclusive employment practices.
- Masters in Management and has achieved Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) and Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) designations.
Early Bird Offer
- Register before March 31st to secure the Early Bird price.
- Space is limited- book now to avoid disappointment.
- Contact us to find out about special prices for nonprofits and groups.
What do previous participants say about the Certificate in Inclusive Leadership?
I have been able to share the knowledge I received and guide our organization towards a more inclusive place for the provision of care. Awareness is the first step to change.Darrell Sewell, Participant, 2017
The learning has enforced the need to have a diversity and inclusion lens on all aspects of our work. We all need to feel valued and included – ensuring this is part of our culture will increase our success as an organization.Tracey Macaulay, Participant, 2017
I found the program to be educational and practical, with good classroom discussion and workshops that helped me think through how I could implement some best practices into my organization.Sandra Daniel, Participant, 2019
The program was an excellent opportunity to not only learn but also to network with other participants. It helped our organization learn about new approaches we could consider in building a strong, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture.Marcel Badertscher, CHRE, Participant, 2015