The Mentoring Partnership is urgently looking for mentors who can share their industry knowledge and experience with immigrants who work in biological sciences/chemical sciences/engineering.
What we’re looking for:
- Good industry knowledge and business experience
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in biological sciences/chemical sciences/engineering in Canada
- Active links to professional networks in your field
- Desire to connect with people from other countries and cultures
- Willingness to learn
What we ask of you:
When you sign up as a mentor with The Mentoring Partnership, we pair you with someone who has immigrated to Toronto and has experience and/or training as a biologist/chemist/engineer. As a mentor, you can support your mentee by:
- Giving practical advice on how to navigate a job search as a biologist/chemist/engineer/architect in Toronto
- Helping them tailor their LinkedIn profile and CV for biological sciences/chemical sciences companies /engineering/architecture firms in Canada
- Helping them practice their interview skills
- Supporting them to grow their professional networks, connecting them to your own contacts where appropriate
What you get in return:
- An orientation session to start you off on the right foot
- Your own coach to guide you through each step of the mentoring process
- Access to online Professional Development to help you support your mentee effectively
- The chance to build your own coaching skills and develop as a leader
But above all, the chance to give back to your professional community. The Mentoring Partnership has a high success rate, with 75% of mentees gaining meaningful employment within 12 months of taking part. Mentors tell us that the feeling they get when their mentees tell them they’ve found a job is really meaningful. Do you want to have a real impact?
One partnership = 24 hours over four months.
How to apply
Sign up online to get started: www.thementoringpartnership.com/mentoring/mentor
Or contact us for more information: email@example.com